We’re changing the way utilities treat and deliver our most precious resource: water. We provide water utilities with an Artificial-Intelligence driven platform to help their staff make smarter decisions in real-time when operating their critical processes (i.e. water treatment, pumping etc). In doing so, we’re able to help utilities drive down their costs, enhance reliability and reduce risks to public safety when delivering our most valued resources.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous systems, we’re reimagining how the operational staff of the 21st century will interact with their critical infrastructure.
The Right Candidate
We’re looking for impact-minded software engineers and architects – those who are passionate about making the world a better place through artificial intelligence. As a Full-stack Developer in EMAGIN, you’ll be responsible for product development behind billions of dollars in critical water infrastructure for Fortune 500 companies. We’re looking for ambitious, energetic, and talented individuals to join our purpose-driven community to help us scale up our data warehouse and analytics platform as we as we embark on a phase of steep business growth.You’ll have the opportunity to build mission critical systems and services for high profile clients globally using cutting-edge cloud technologies in an agile environment. We’re looking for individuals with a broad set of technical skills in areas of data visualization, front-end frameworks and data handling (APIs).
What You’ll Do
As a Full Stack Developer, you will specifically play a major role in designing, developing, deploying and supporting EMAGIN’s Hybrid Adaptive Real-time Intelligence (HARVI) application. You will have an opportunity to work on and develop your skills in information representation, algorithms and complex computations, UI design and, of course, developing web technologies.
- Build complex applications using technologies such as React, Redux and GraphQL
- Support API designs discussions, understand backend architecture to implement the front end
- Understand and work with large data sets (including time series data)
- Research, design, document, implement, and test computer software systems, in conjunction with product development requirements, applying principles and techniques of software engineering
- Develop capabilities using Python scripts to provide seamless integrated solutions across technologies.
- Apply the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
- Further advance the cutting-edge technology and contribute production quality code to open source projects.
What You’ll Need
- Proficient building, testing, and deploying production quality applications with React/Redux (Angular, Vue)
- Must understand the full-stack application lifecycle, with emphasis/expertise on the front-end
- Must have familiarity with CI/CD (Jenkins, CircleCI) + version control using git.
- Proficient in implementing third-party integration using REST APIs, SDK’s
- Team Player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Authorized to work in Canada (onsite in our Kitchener office).
Nice to Have
- Practical experience developing web-based multi-tenant applications
- Experience visualizing data in different manners (charts, scorecards, tables, etc.)
- Exposure to developing mobile apps is an asset
- Cloud Experience (we use AWS)
- Experience in working with SQL, and NoSQL data stores
Why we think you will love working with us
Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world. Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed software startup. Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs creating socially-mindful technology.
Other perks include:
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Access to our amazing amenities such as a games room, ping pong table, basketball court and an indoor gym
- Centrally located at the Tannery District in Ontario’s Start-up city alongside Google, D2L, Shopify.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge and you have the relevant experience to take them on, get in touch! Please apply with your résumé/CV and any links (Github)/attachments about relevant projects and related work.