We are changing the way utilities manage our most precious resource: water. We provide water utilities with an Artificial Intelligence driven platform to help their staff make smarter decisions in real-time when operating their critical processes (i.e. water treatment, pumping etc). In doing so, we’re able to help utilities drive down their costs, enhance reliability and reduce risks to public safety.
We are thinking about the future, too. We are reimagining how the operational staff of the 21st century will interact with their critical infrastructure.
The Right Candidate
We are looking for impact-minded people – those who are passionate about making the world a better place through Artificial Intelligence. As a Data Scientist in EMAGIN, you will be responsible for product development behind billions of dollars in critical water infrastructure for Fortune 500 companies. We are looking for ambitious, energetic, and talented individuals to help us scale up our platform as we embark on a phase of steep business growth. You will have the opportunity to build mission critical systems for global high profile clients using cutting-edge cloud technologies in an agile environment.
What You’ll Do
- Build and optimize highly scalable, robust machine learning modelling pipelines for real-time application
- Optimize and scale in-house technologies such as optimization algorithms for industrial applications
- Develop natural-language processing solutions, which augments internal data-model for robust and intelligent virtual assistants
- Develop and augment pattern recognition solutions for large-scale anomaly and extreme event detection and root-cause analysis
What You’ll Need
- 1+ years experience with cloud technologies, specifically AWS: We need you to know why companies use AWS and the trade-offs between different options, such as EC2 vs. Lambda.
- 2+ years experience with Python & associated libraries (scipy, tensorflow, scikit-learn, etc): We use Python and these libraries to build our models/process. We need you to be able to quickly read and edit code using these libraries to ship features.
- 2+ years experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and MongoDB: We need you to know how to write a basic SQL query (SELECT Foo FROM Bar, as well as LEFT/RIGHT JOIN) to get the data for your model/process.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Why we think you will love working with us.
Build something making a difference in the world. Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed software startup. Work with a tight-knit community of experienced entrepreneurs creating socially-mindful technology.
Other perks include:
– Employee Stock Option Plan
– Competitive Salary
– Monthly social events
– Flexible hours
– Centrally located at the Tannery District in Ontario’s Start-up city alongside Google, D2L, Shopify.
If this sounds like your kind of challenge and you have the relevant experience to take them on, get in touch! Please apply with your résumé/CV and any links (Github)/attachments about relevant projects and related work.