We’re looking for impact-minded data scientists, engineers and architects – those who are passionate about making the world a better place through artificial intelligence. At EMAGIN, you’ll be responsible for product development behind billions of dollars in critical water infrastructure for Fortune 500 companies. We’re looking for ambitious, energetic, and talented individuals to join our purpose-driven community. You’ll help us scale up our data warehouse and analytics platform as we embark on a phase of steep business growth. You’ll have the opportunity to build mission critical systems and services for high profile clients globally using cutting-edge technologies in an agile environment.
What You’ll Do
As a Data Scientist, you will play a significant role in developing and deploying machine learning and statistical models. You will:
- Build robust machine learning models in Python for real-time control of physical water and wastewater infrastructure
- Refine and develop our internal optimization engine for flexible constraint handling for water and wastewater operations
- Develop natural-language processing solutions, which augments internal data-model to enable robust and intelligent virtual assistants
- Develop a pattern recognition solution for anomalies detection and extreme event detection
- 1+ years experience with cloud technologies, specifically AWS: We need you to know why companies use AWS and the trade-offs between different options, such as EC2 vs. Lambda.
- 2+ years experience with Python & associated libraries (scipy, tensorflow, scikit-learn, etc): We use Python and these libraries to build our models/process. We need you to be able to quickly read and edit code using these libraries to ship features.
- 2+ years experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and MongoDB: We need you to know how to write a basic SQL query (SELECT Foo FROM Bar, as well as LEFT/RIGHT JOIN) to get the data for your model/process.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Why we think you’ll love working with us
Be a part of building something that will make a difference in the world. Have a big impact at an early-stage, VC-backed software startup. Work with a small team of experienced entrepreneurs and technologists creating socially-mindful technology. Learn and apply cutting-edge research (Genetic Algorithms, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning) to meaningful problems.
Other perks include
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Competitive Salary
- Access to our amazing amenities such as a games room, ping pong table, and basketball court
- Centrally located in Downtown Kitchener, Ontario’s Start-Up city, alongside Google, D2L, and Shopify.
- Ability to work remotely periodically
- Flexible working hours (core hours are 10 to 3)